Motability Offers Scotland
Motability Offers Scotland


Insurance cover

Together, with RSA Motability (RSAM) we have arranged to give insurance protection for all cars and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles leased through the Motability Scheme

You will find a summary of key points about your RSA Motability (RSAM) insurance below, but you will need to read your insurance cover booklet for full details.

Click here to download the RSAM insurance cover booklet Will download a resource(PDF 451KB)

You can also call RSAM on 0300 037 3737 for more information or if you need to make an insurance claim.

No-claims discounts

As the vehicle is owned by Motability Operations Ltd you will not accrue any personal no-claims bonus. Any personal no-claims history held before joining the Scheme may no longer be accepted by insurers if you leave the Scheme. Some insurance companies may honour previous personal no claims history, but this is usually only for a period of up to 2 or 3 years.

If you leave the Scheme, RSA Motability (RSAM) are able to provide a claims history letter which details any claims made by you and your nominated drivers along with the period of time you have had claims free driving. Many insurance companies will accept this a proof of your claims history.

What’s covered by your insurance policy:

Loss of, or damage to your vehicle
Accidental damage
Fire or theft damage
Repair or replacement glass
In-car equipment (such as a radio or CD player) permanently fitted or supplied with the car as standard
Adaptations and modifications which are needed and which we have agreed to and which RSAM have been informed about
Any accessories or tools supplied with the vehicle
Replacement locks where keys have been stolen and the theft reported to the police
Driving your vehicle for voluntary or charitable work, provided you don’t receive a fixed regular payment by the organisation
Travel to and from your normal workplace. Named drivers who do not live with you are not necessarily covered for these journeys. We will discuss this with you, where appropriate, at the beginning of your lease.

Personal accident cover

In the event of an accident which causes death, loss of limbs and/or permanent loss of sight in one or both eyes, cover is provided up to a limit of £5000 (per person) for the driver and any passengers.

For more information please contact RSAM on 0300 037 3737

Driving abroad

Under the terms of your insurance cover, you can take your car or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle abroad within the European Union (EU) and to Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein free of charge for up to 90 days in any 12-month period.

What’s not covered in your insurance policy:

Your excess (amount payable by you)

The excess amount varies depending on the age and experience of the driver. Details are given in your agreement and in your insurance policy document. If your car needs to be repaired you must pay the excess for each individual incident before the repair starts.

Loss of keys

You must pay the cost of any replacement keys and in some circumstances replacement locks.

Personal belongings

You will need to arrange your own contents insurance for personal items such as wheelchairs, coats and mobile phones. One option is to extend your household contents insurance cover.

Non-standard equipment or modifications

This means any optional extras, audio or other equipment fitted to the car, which are not essential to enable you to use the vehicle. If you have fitted essential equipment without agreement from us or and RSAM, this will not be covered.

Damage to the interior of the vehicle

Damage to the interior including rips, stains and burns to the trim, are not covered and may need to be repaired at your own cost. You do not need to make any repairs to damage which is within fair wear and tear .

Driving other cars

You are not covered to drive any other vehicle unless it has been provided or approved by us.

Unauthorised and uninsured drivers

Only the named drivers shown on your Certificate of Motor Insurance are covered to drive. Other drivers, not on the certificate, are not allowed to drive your Motability Scheme vehicle even if they have fully comprehensive insurance which provides cover to drive other cars. You may be held responsible for any loss or damage that occurs when someone not named on the policy is driving. Also, you may not be able to lease another car through the Motability Scheme.

You can change your named drivers at any time, as many times as you want to.

Business use cover

Business use is not included as standard in the insurance policy. If you need to use the car for business purposes, other than the journey to your usual workplace, you will need to contact RSAM to request this. Business use cover will not begin until you receive a new, current Certificate of Motor Insurance showing this cover. Please note, business use cover will only be provided for the current agreement and you will need to contact RSAM to reapply with each new lease agreement.

Other benefits

Loss of use benefit

If you are unable to drive your vehicle after loss or damage, we would aim to provide you with a temporary replacement vehicle. If a temporary replacement vehicle is not suitable for your needs, you may be able to claim for ‘loss of use’ benefits, excluding the first week.

Uninsured loss recovery

If you are involved in an accident caused by someone else, and they have been identified, RSAM will try to recover your ‘uninsured losses’ from them. This means any items that are not covered by your insurance, for example: your excess, injuries and taxi fares. If you are injured, RSAM will appoint solicitors to act for you.

Recovery of uninsured losses can take a long time and is not always possible. You may also need to provide proof of your losses.


Share these details with:

Our Brands

BMW Logo Volkswagen Logo Toyota Logo MINI Logo Honda Logo Mazda Logo Nissan Logo

Our Brands

BMW Logo
Volkswagen Logo
Toyota Logo
Honda Logo
Mazda Logo
Nissan Logo

Calls may be monitored for quality and training purposes. Eastern Western Motor Group Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - we are a credit broker not a lender. Our Firm Reference is 310505. Registered Office: 8 Westerton Road, East Mains Industrial Estate, Broxburn West Lothian EH52 5AU Registered in Scotland No. 14833 VAT Registration No. 269233051 We work with a number of carefully selected credit providers who may be able to offer you finance for your purchase. We are only able to offer finance products from these providers.

© 2024   |   Privacy Policy   |   Tax Policy   |   Legal & Cookies   |   Terms of Business   |   Gender Pay Gap   |   Slavery & Human Trafficking